Lamar laboratory is specialized in the performance research activities and material characterization of with various structures and compositions. For this purpose, the laboratory has disposal the following equipment:
1. Universal Galvanostat/potentiostat -AUTOLAB PG/STAT 30/2, supported by Frequency Response Analyser (FRA – 2), product of Ecochemie (the Netherlands).
This device enables the following measurements:
- Galvanostatic measurements
- Galvanodynamic measurements
- Potentiostatic measurements
- Potentiodynamic measurements
- Impulse and reversive electrical measurements
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
A set of specially constructed cells is done, in order to perform simultaneous large term experimjents in model corrosive media.
2. Atomic Force Microscopy
3. Thermal analysis
It can be performed on the territory of the laboratory by Linseis STA PT- 1600 (Germany), which is constructed for execution of precise Differential Thermal (DТА), Thermogravimetric (ТG) analyses and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) at temperatures, up-to 1600 ˚С with maximal heating rate until 10 ˚С/min.
4. Physical parameters chatracterization
– Device Positector 6000 product of DeFelsko – USA for measuring of the thickness of non-conductive coatings.
– Device Positest AT-A automatic adhesion tester product of DeFelsko – USA for pull-of measurement of the adhession of varuious types of thin layers and coatings.
– Device “THETA LITE 100 Optical tensiometer” – product of Biolin Science – Sweden for determination of the surface tension at contact with distilled water.
5. Determination of optical parameters
– Sun light simulator Solar light – product of Solar light– USA.
6. Equipment for characterization of liquid systems properties
There is a special laboratory for thin layers synthesis and deposition via the sol-gel method on various types of substrates. It enables various processes of surface surface and in-bulk treatments, in accordance with the desired needs and purposes.
Finally, this laboratory has conventional equipment, such as:
– рН – meter – Hanna instruments HI 255 combined meter
– Rotational Viscosimeter – Fungilab Visco Basic Plus
7. Installation for testing of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFCs). It is composed by four basic units:
- Special high temperature chamber with own electrical feeding, produced by ECN (the Netherlands).
- Devises for hydrogen/oxidant gas feeding with precise humidifier, products of Fideris – USA.
- Unit for precise field related Температурен контрол за хомогенно термо поле- България
- Specialized software for test procedures performance - Fideris – USA
The installation is appropriate for long term acquisition of the electrical charatcteristics of SOFC in temperature range between 500 and 1000оС, at feeding with hydrogen flux with up-to 325 оС, and controlled humidity. The samples should be with disc form, with 80 - 120 mm of diameter. Such tests enable to determine the aging effects until the complete cell destruction.
8. Additional equipment
- In order to perform its scientific research mission, the Laboratory owes additional facilities, as follows:
8.1. Preparation of samples for analysis:
- Laboratory's cup-board type dryerm, up-to 120 оС.
- Laboratory's vacuum drier.
- Planetary ball mill for milling of glass and ceramic precursors Fritsch (Germany). http://www.fritsch-international.com/sample-preparation/milling/planetary-mills/ )
- Programming furnaces type "NABER" (Germany) for heating up-to 1320 оС. (http://www.nabertherm.com/produkte/labor/en )
- UV- curring system for treatment of photoreactive organic coatings.
8.2. Analyses with other laboratories (The LAMAR laboratory's members are in active contacts with other leading research centers, equipped with different high performance analytical instruments.
- Laboratory for electron microscopy, from the Physical Faculty of "Kliment Okhridsky" Unioversity - Sofia.
- Laboratory for Positron Annihiliation, from BAS.
- Other specialized laboratories from from Spain, Italy, etc.